Yes they always say that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but eating breakfast isn’t necessary for everyone.
Skipping breakfast may be a lot better than eating an unhealthy breakfast.
However, a well-balanced breakfast can restore your energy and keep you full for the rest of the day.
Here are some of the best foods to eat in the morning.
- Eggs – undeniably healthy and delicious. Eating eggs at breakfast increases feelings of fullness, reduces calorie intake and helps maintain steady blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Greek Yogurt – is creamy, delicious and nourishing. Made by straining whey and other liquid from milk curds, which produces a creamier yogurt. High in protein and shown to reduce feelings of hunger.
- Coffee – a great beverage to start your day. High in caffeine and shown to improve mood, alertness and mental performance.
- Oatmeal – best breakfast choice for cereal lovers. Made from ground oats, which contain a unique fiber called oat beta-glucan. This fiber has many impressive health benefits, including reduced cholesterol.
- Chia Seeds – Very nutritious and a great source of fiber. People with diabetes who ate chia seeds experienced reduced hunger, along with improvements in blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Berries – packed with antioxidants. Lower in sugar than most fruits, yet higher in fiber.
- Nuts – tasty and nutritious. All types of nuts are also high in magnesium, potassium and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. High in magnesium, potassium and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
Part of the Diet for Weight Loss Editorial Team 2021