Female hormonal imbalance can cause many problems, let us know about its symptoms, causes and treatment.
All Women and men undergo physical changes from time to time. Women are often upset about the changes in their body. But, do you know that most of the changes in a woman’s body are caused by hormone imbalance?
Female Hormonal Imbalances occur when hormones in the bloodstream of women exceed or fall below normal levels.
Hormones are chemicals produced by the glands in the endocrine system, which tell our cells, tissues and organs what they need to do. Hormones help in performing many important functions in the body properly.
This is very important for the body, and even slight hormonal imbalances can cause side effects throughout the body. It is very important to understand Female Hormonal Imbalances.
Because, by knowing it well and taking some precautions, you can avoid this problem.
Why is balance in female hormones important?
Before other information about Female Hormonal Imbalances, you need to know their importance. Hormones help in functioning most of our body’s and main physiological processes properly.
In such a situation, most of the functions of the body are interrupted due to hormonal imbalance. These hormones are necessary to control many functions and organs of our body, such as:
- Heart Rate
- Body Temperature
- Reproductive Cycles
That is, female hormonal imbalances have a great effect on our health. In women, hormone levels change at certain times, such as before or after menstruation and during pregnancy or menopause.
Adrenaline, Steroid Hormones, Growth Hormones, Insulin, Estrogen, or Progesterone are the common causes of Female Hormonal Imbalances.
Learn what are the symptoms of this problem so can you identify whether the hormones in your body are balanced or not.
Symptoms of female hormonal imbalance
Women face many problems due to Female Hormonal Imbalances. Not only this, but many women do not know what is causing this problems. Most women have these symptoms of Hormone Imbalance:
- Breast Tenderness
- Change in Voice
- Unexplained Weight Gain or Weight Loss
- Anxiety and Depression
- Excessive Sweating
- Difficulty in Sleeping
- Weak Bones
- More or less urination than normal
- Increased Thirst
- Changes in heart rate
- Reduced Sex Drive
- Changes in blood pressure
- Lesser sensitivity to cold and heat
- Loss of Appetite
- Blurred Vision
- Thin hair
- Very Dry Skin or Skin Rashes
Causes of female hormonal imbalance
There can be several reasons for female hormonal imbalances. Some medical conditions, Lifestyle Habits and Endocrine Gland Malfunctions etc. are also included.
A few reasons are given below:
- Turner Syndrome
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Deficient levels of Iodine
- Excessive stress
- Severe Allergic Reactions
- High body fat
- Toxins, Pollutants and Pesticides
- Birth Control Medications
- Hormonal Replacement Medications
- Pituitary Tumors
- Injury to the Endocrine Gland
- Solitary Thyroid Nodules
- Benign Tumors or Cysts
- Unhealthy Diet
- High levels of Cortisol Hormone
- Chemotherapy or Radiation
- Overactive or Underactive Thyroid
- Cancer that affects Endocrine Glands
- Too little Cortisol and Aldosterone
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Hereditary Pancreatitis
- Some Medicines
Medical conditions that cause hormonal imbalance in women include Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Primary Ovarian Insufficiency Early Menopause, Ovarian Cancer, Hormone Replacement and Birth Control Medications.
Effects of changes in hormones in Women
Due to the change in hormones, there are many physical and mental changes in women. These problems can range from normal to severe. The body’s metabolism is first affected due to female hormonal imbalances. Know what other effects this imbalance can have on the body of women:
- Pimples before or during periods
- Vaginal Dryness
- Night sweats
- Heavy, Irregular or Painful Periods
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Breast Tenderness
How can complications due to female hormonal imbalances increase?
Female hormonal imbalances are often not considered serious. But, the problem can get serious sometimes. Some things may increase the complications associated with female hormonal imbalances, which are as follows:
- Excessive smoking or alcohol consumption
- If you are allergic to anything.
- Under contact with any virus, chemical or poisonous things.
- In any genetic disease.
- More stress
- Consuming more unhealthy things
Many things that are not in the list above but may increase the risk of hormonal imbalance. Take the doctor’s advice to know more about them.
How to diagnose Female Hormonal Imbalances?
First the doctor will check for the symptoms. He may also perform a physical examination or recommend some tests.
These tests are as follows:
- Blood test: Most of the hormone level can be known from a blood test.
- Pelvic examination: Pelvic examination can reveal any unnatural lumps, ulcers or tumours.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound scan uses sound waves to take pictures of the uterus, ovaries, thyroid and pituitary gland.
- Other Tests: Other tests include X-rays, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Biopsy, Thyroid Scans.
How is Female Hormonal Imbalance treated?
How to treat hormonal imbalance depends on its causes and the health of the woman. Finally women may need to take some precautions before the start of any treatment.
Changes in medical treatment and lifestyle provide relief from this problem. They even offer good long-term results.
Medical treatment for Female Hormonal Imbalances are as follows:
- Hormone Control or Birth Control Medicines: These drugs contain estrogen and progesterone, which can help overcome the menstrual cycle and other problems. Options available for birth control medicine are Pills patches or Intrauterine Devices.
- Hormone Replacement Medications: Women may take some medications to temporarily reduce the symptoms of menopause. These symptoms may be night sweats or others.
- Anti-androgen Medications: These drugs inhibit estrogen and may help reduce excess acne or hair loss.
We understand that female hormonal imbalance changes are not to be ignored. If you see even the slightest female hormonal imbalance symptoms, get in touch with your doctor.
They can study the cause properly and start some early treatment. If ignored these imbalances can cause a lot of problems in women.