Known as the best exercise stretching has many benefits. We should include stretching activities in our workout routine. Stretching exercises keep the flexibility in our body and the movement in the joints of the body also remains the same. If the flexibility is equal on both sides of our body, then the chances of injury are greatly reduced. Always warm up for 5 to 10 minutes before doing stretching exercises, and it should always be done after a workout.
Do this exercise carefully and very slowly. If you have any health issues or have suffered an injury, consult a doctor about which stretch would be best for you. Stretching before getting out of bed in the morning is very beneficial. It makes you feel energized throughout the entire day. Stretching improves blood flow throughout the body, so you feel energized throughout the day. It eases muscle strain and also cures the stiffness of joints. Stretching also improves blood flow to the brain, which improves concentration.
Exercise – Stretching and its benefits
The benefits of doing stretching exercises are as follows
- You can do stretching anywhere and at any time. If done properly, there is no risk in doing them.
- By doing stretching exercises, our body’s ability to bend the joints improves.
- Stretching increases the agility of our body.
- Doing these greatly reduces the chances of getting injured.
- Stretching enables the muscles to work effectively.
- Stretching increases the length of the muscles and improves the posture of the body.
- Stretching exercises increase the flexibility in our body as well as increase agility in the body. When our body’s flexibility is good, the physical performance is better and the chances of getting injured are also very less.
- Stretching exercises loosen the muscles, thereby reducing their fatigue and increasing the level of bleeding.
- Sometimes when we are engaged in work all day, then due to lethargy or fatigue, naps start during work. If you feel like this, then get out of your place and do 2 to 3 stretching exercises. This will increase your energy level.
- Stretching increases blood flow to the muscles and helps in keeping the whole body healthy.
- Stretching is also helpful in reducing the pain in the body after a workout and also in reducing the recovery time.
- Stretching gives the muscles time to rest before and after a workout. There is an increase in blood flow and nutrient supply to the muscles, as well as relief from pain after exercise.
- A healthy diet and stretching exercises help reduce cholesterol in the body. For this reason, it protects you from heart disease.
Important tips for exercise stretching
Stretching has many benefits, but it is very important that it be done safely. Here are some tips to follow while doing stretching exercises.
Do not think of stretching as a warm-up and if you stretch without a warm-up, then your muscles can be damaged. Walk slowly for 5 to 10 minutes before stretching. Stretching is most beneficial after a workout.
Every person has a different genetic trait and the flexibility of his body. If we talk about dancers, gymnasts, then those people are naturally flexible. So a common person should not try to be flexible like them and pay attention to this that flexibility is equal in both the left and right side of the body. . Failure to do so increases the chances of injury to the body.
While doing stretching exercises, we should focus on the calf, thigh, hip, lower back, neck, and shoulder as these are the largest muscles of the body. Apart from these, the muscles that you use the most, must be stretched.
Stretch very slowly in a very smooth manner. Do not jerk your body. If you make any jerky movement while stretching, then the muscles can get hurt and get stiff.
Breathe normally and maintain every stretch for 30 seconds. If there is a problem in any part of the body, then the muscles there may have to be stretched for 60 seconds.
While stretching, your aim should be to feel a slight stretch in the muscles and not pain. If you feel pain while stretching, come out of the stretch immediately and go back to the position where you did not feel the pain.
If you play a sport or your routine requires you to use certain muscles, be sure to stretch those muscles in your stretching routine. For example, playing football puts the most stress on the hamstrings. So if you play football, it is very important for you to stretch your hamstrings.
Stretching exercises can take time. But stretching 2 to 3 days a week is very beneficial for us. If you stop stretching, the benefits will be lost. For example, if stretching has increased flexibility in your joints, not doing stretching exercises can reduce flexibility again.
In yoga, you get all the benefits of stretching. The special thing about yoga is that in this you do not remain stationary, but there is a slight movement. If you do not want to do yoga and want to do any other type of stretching routine, then make sure that there is a slight movement of your body in it.
Simple Stretching Exercises for Beginners
This stretch is beneficial for your hips, joints, thighs, and glutes. To do this, bend your left knee and then place the right foot on the knee of the left leg. Then grab your left knee with both hands and pull it towards the chest.
This stretch helps fresh oxygen reach the brain and wake you up. To practice this stretch, sit on the edge of the bed and touch the ground with your feet. Then while tilting your head down, touch the toes of your feet. Keep in this pose for 10 seconds.
This stretch is beneficial for your lower back. To practice this stretch, lie on your back and bend both your knees. Now with your hands, stretch your legs towards your chest.
This stretch is a better option to correct the strain in your spine. To do this stretch, keep both your knees together and keeping your upper body straight, place both your knees on the right side of the bed. After this, hold your left knee with your right hand and turn your neck to the left. Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
Part of the Diet for Weight Loss Editorial Team 2021